Paralia (Greek: Παραλία) is a tourist seaside village and a former municipality in the eastern part of the Pieria regional unit, Greece. Since the 2011 local government reform it is part of the municipality Katerini, of which it is a municipal unit. The seat of the municipality was in Kallithea. The 2011 census reported a population of 1,124 for the village of Paralia, and 6,803 for the municipal unit. The municipal unit has an area of 24.344 km2, the community 1.849 km2.
The participation fee is 165 euro.
The cost includes:
- Accommodation in Villas in Paralia and Olympic Beachlike: Vila Zoi, Vila Panos, Vila Stavros, Vila Fluris, Vila Asterias, Vila Stavros, Vila Limanaki, Vila London, Vila Lenka, Vila Apostolis, Vila Tomas, Vila Lana …. in 1/3 and 1/4 Studios or Appartments on the basis of 5 half – boards ( breakfast and dinner ) – supplement for 1/2 rooms is 5 e per persons per night
- free place of each 25th member
- Letter of invitation
The cost does not include:
- Tourist tax ( 0.50 € per room per night)
- There is a possibility of additional charges for the extra day at a price of 20 – 25 € for the half board , according to the accommodation.
- Optional excursions ( Pirate cruise20 €, Greek Night 18 €, Skiathos 30 €, a tour of Katerini 5 €, a trip to Meteora 20 €, a one-day trip to Thessaloniki 20 €, a tour of Litochoro and Dion 10 €, Discotheques 6 - 8€
- Travel expenses, travel insurance, parking at the hotels, vignettes, the toll
- 08/07/2023 - 13/07/2023
08/07 - 13/07
- 6 days (5 nights) = 165 € per person
Participants are ensembles from Russia, Lithuania, Latvia, Poland, Ukraine, Greece, Turkey, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Bulgaria, Hungary, Romania, Armenia, Georgia, Indonesia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Austria…
1st day - 08 July
The arrival of the groups to Paralia ... Accommodation of the groups. Info meeting of the group representatives, giving useful and practical
information”s about Paralia and staying of the groups in Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to some of the Discotheques. Overnight stay.
2nd day - 09 July
Breakfast. In the morning the possibility of going to the famous Meteora. Travelling past Katerini, Olympus and Larisa to Meteora. A tour of the medieval monasteries, the monuments of special importance (Great Meteora, Holy Trinity, Varlam ...). Upon completion of the tour, a shorter stay in the picturesque town of Kalambaka and a visit to one of the icon "factories". The journey through the gorges Tembi, near the monastery of Agia Paraskevi and the source of Daphne with a short break. Return to Paralia. Dinner. Optional: Greek night at the Tavern or going to the Disco. Overnight stay.
3rd day - 10 July
Breakfast. The possibility of going to Katerini, the capital of Pieria. Free time for walking, sightseeing, shopping… Return to Paralia in the afternoon. Dinner.
Preparations of the Folklore Ensembles for the Performance. The parade of all Festival Groups.
Opening ceremony of the V International Folklore Festival in Paralia !!! Folklore group performances. Awarding certificates, plaques and gifts. Possible going to a mutual friendly night !!! Overnight stay.
4th day - 11 July
Breakfast. Possibility of a half-day tour of the foothills of Mount Olympus, as well as of the picturesque town of Litochoro. Afternoon return to the resort. Dinner. Preparations for the second night of Festival. Ensemble performances. The possibility of going to a Greek night or to the Disco. Overnight stay. 12 July Breakfast. Facultative tour to Thessaloniki, departure for Thessaloniki on morning hours. A panoramic tour of the White Tower, Rotonda, Galerius arch, Church of the Saint Apostles, the Saint Sofia and St. Demetrius – a patron saint of Thessaloniki. Return to Paralia. Dinner. The possibility of going to one of the Discos. Overnight stay.
5th day - 13 July
Breakfast. Free time till evening and unfortunately moving of all Ensembles back to their arrival point of departure with another meeting next
Note: All the ensembles must provide their own music, accompanying orchestra, or music CD. Each ensemble is required to prepare a performance of 10 minutes.
The number of participants is limited!